deutsch

History

1889

Founded by Georg Leisegang sr. as a drug store. Later turned into a photography retail chain.

1945

Bombed during the air raid on Berlin. After the end of the war reconstruction began.

1947

The company was re-established by Fritz Leisegang. A repair shop for cameras was established as a sideline, which later developed into a specialized manufacturing shop for photography products.

1948

Start of colposcope production taking up an idea of the renowned German gynaecologist Prof. Dr. Bracht.

1950

Leisegang manufactures the first mono photo colposcope. 

1958

The stereo photo colposcope is launched. In the same year Leisegang's printing device arrives on the market, making possible direct transmission of patient data in the picture, or rather the slide.

1960ies

Development of the balance-o-matic stand in the mid-60ies. It is still one of the best-selling stands.

1977

The stereo instant photo colposcope is launched and now incorporates a magnification drum changer (7.5x/15x/30x magnification).

1984

Further development of the lighting: fibre optics with external light source is launched.

1985

Leisegang launches a video adapter with x 15 fixed magnification for the retrofitting of standard colposcopes.

Leisegang Medical Inc. is founded in Florida, USA.

1992

Leisegang launches a micromanipulator for CO2 laser units.

1995

Development of a computer program that relates colposcopic video images with a patient database.

1999

Acquisition by Cooper Surgical, USA.

2005

Introduction of the first photo/video colposcopes with integrated camera.

2008

Leisegang is the first manufacturer to introduce LED lighting in colposcopes.

2010

Leisegang introduces the new ColpoSuite, consisting of a photo/video colposcope, an examination chair, supply modules, LEEP and cryosurgery and the instruments required to perform colposcopy.

2011

Market development in China begins.